Why you'll regret skipping an engagement session
As a Twin Cities wedding photographer, I really believe that St. Paul and Minneapolis engagement portraits capture personality and love in a way you do not want to miss! In fact, I include a complimentary engagement session with every wedding package that I book because engagement portraits are so important to the couples that I work with. Here are my top five reasons why you'd regret skipping out on the magic that is engagement portraits:
1. This time allows you to get comfortable in front of the camera with your photographer.In most couples, at least one person isn’t crazy about having their picture taken, and this session lets you feel comfortable so you don’t have to nervous about photography on your wedding day. (In my relationship, I’m the one who gets super awkward when I’m in front of a camera. Click here and read about how my experience having an engagement session let me get over my fears and be super relaxed on my wedding day).
2. It’ll help you look better in your wedding pictures! In the engagement session, I’ll be able to see how you two interact and how much guidance you want for posing - so on your wedding day, I’ll already know what makes you tick and how to help you feel super comfortable and natural (and like yourselves!) in images. I’ll also get to see which engagement pictures you like the best so I’ll know how you like to look in pictures and can highlight your best features.
3. Minneapolis engagement portraits capture your personality and everyday love. Engagement portraits are a really lovely way to capture and celebrate your relationship in a relaxed, day-in-our-lives kind of way. We can plan a session that really captures your personalities and the dynamic of your relationship, so these images will be really personal and meaningful.
4. These images are made for your walls! For couples hoping to choose a portrait or two as wall art, engagement images are perfect to display in your home. While you may want a wedding-day portrait on your wall as well, there is something very intimate and authentic about a personality-capturing portrait of the two of you when you’re not wearing your wedding outfits/attire.
5. Engagement portraits are dang useful! You can use your images for your Save the Date cards and invitations and shared on your wedding website. They can also be displayed at your wedding reception as decor, showcased in a guestbook, or added into your wedding album to highlight another chapter of your life together.
Are you engaged and looking for a photographer? I'd love to talk with you about how we can plan a natural engagement session for you and your fiance so you don't regret missing out on the magic that happens with engagement portraits! Click on the "contact" tab, or send me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can share ideas!